Saturday, March 9, 2013

White Pudding Black Pudding Fruit Pudding

Bacon, sausages, beans, eggs, hash browns, mushrooms and toast. Bacon, sausages, beans, eggs, hash browns, mushrooms and toast. It all becomes an insidious mantra when you have heard it a couple of hundred times every day between the hours of 7am - 3pm. It's always the worky types who 'go large' and have extra sausages or beans, but never anything included in the above title. I kinda miss that. Don't get me wrong, the people who come in to the cafe have probably never heard of any of the puddings on offer, let alone my fave brekkie item, sliced haggie or even tattie scones. I'm getting more and more homesick it would seem. But when it comes down to it I really don't miss the poor weather or the worry about life in general, the unemployment and the limited lifespan on certain housing schemes. I guess I sold my soul somewhat when I left and my penance was to give up the 3 puddings. A small price to pay methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment